I love my giant mom purse, but it is a little tricky to keep organized. It's big enough for everything I could possibly want or need to carry with me, but because it's one big bucket bag, it can become a black hole. And it might be great that I have snacks and band-aids and hair ties, but if I can't find them, it's really not helpful.
It's just like in the car. It's great to be prepared, summer or winter, but if it isn't organized, it's just a messy car.
By the way, I am totally guilty of this a good portion of the time. But I'm trying.
I'm not willing to give up my giant mom purse. But I can make it more efficient.
I joined Ipsy a few months ago, and I get cosmetics and beauty products every month. But even better than the samples and make-up is the cute cosmetic bags. I've repurposed them into purse bags. So in that giant mom bag, I have (among other things floating around):
- a wallet that doubles as a clutch (for when I actually DO just need a clutch)
- a grocery coupon wallet
- a store coupon wallet
- a cosmetic bag with painkillers (children's and adult), stomach meds (children and adult), and benedryl (children and adult), band-aids, wet wipes and tweezers
- a cosmetic bag with hard candy, mints, and gum
- a cosmetic bag with lip balm, hair ties, a small mirror, a small brush, lip gloss, and mascara
- a cosmetic bag with small snacks (fruit snacks and granola bars), two plastic spoons, forks, and straws
- a cosmetic bag with pens, a small notebook and a few stickers
Prepared AND organized.